Class goal: students will learn about environmental management, hydroponics, and organic planting while operating a practical 'hands - on' fully functioning greenhouse!
In this class you will learn:
- To plan, manage, and control materials, purchasing, and land preparation, including landscape design.
- Students will have the opportunity to conduct research for new markets and products.
- Qualified students will earn the privilege of completing internships and co-operative work experience with local business partners.
- Students will have the opportunity to test for the Certified Professional Horticulturist national certificate.
Teacher - Steve Frame
- Advanced Professional Certificate
- B.A. — Fairmont State University
- M.A. — West Virginia University
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes Huddle Advisor at WCTHS
- Entrepreneurship SkillsUSA student team finished 8 in the country in 2006-2007 and in 11th place in 2007-2008
- Manager of the Greenhouse school-based business at WCTHS
- Coordinator of the Entrepreneurship E-commerce website located at www.thetechhighgreenhouse.biz
- Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County
- Reach Caregivers volunteer since 1997
- Board Member— Western MD Fellowship of Christian Athletes