Class goal: The cosmetology program mission is to prepare students to successfully take the practical and written exam and match or surpass the success of 87 percent for first time test takers. The statewide average is 40 percent.
Level I students participate in mentoring programs. Level II students gain "real world" experience in the Future Stars Salon by working in an actual salon or spa environment. Students also participate in salon internships. Level II students are able to be employed by December of their senior year after earning 1000 hours of study. Tuition and textbook savings are estimated at $16,000-$18,000.
Why a career in Cosmetology?
Cosmetology is a creative, exciting and rewarding career.
Cosmetology offers the potential to earn an excellent salary and benefits.
Cosmetology gives you career options! You can work as a hair designer, nail technician or aesthetician. If you like to teach others, you can continue your education and become an instructor. You can work locally, on a cruise ship, at an exotic resort, or open your own salon. Your options are endless.
You can take your career anywhere, as there will be job opportunities where ever you go.
Teacher - Pamela Nichols
- In the Cosmetology Field 12 years
- Maryland State Licensed Senior Cosmetologist
- Experience in Salon Management and Apprentice Training Program
- Has Trained with some of the most prestigious names in the industry: Beth Minardi, Toni & Guy, Redken NYC, Nick Arrojo NYC, Sam Villa, Graham Webb Academy, Aveda Institute and The Oscar Bond Academy NYC, Roy Peters and more
- Professional Beauty Association Member
- Worked for 13 years as an Adolescent Counselor with Washington County Health Department
Teacher - Marjorie Chapman
In the cosmetology field for 10 years
Maryland State Senior Cosmetologist
Nationally certified hair color, haircutting, and hairstyling educator
Worked as an education manager for a professional hair products company
Trained with: Goldwell, KMS California, Nick Arrojo, Teri Dougherty, Paul Mitchell, Wella, American Crew, Matrix, and many more
Experienced in salon management and training
Experienced in editorial photo shoots, hair shows, and competitions
Past judge for the Regional SkillsUSA competition
Professional Beauty Association Member