About Our Vision
Washington County Public Schools provides all students access to world-class educational opportunities.
Washington County Public Schools, in partnership with community members, educates and enables all students to fully access opportunities afforded them in a rapidly changing, diverse, global society.
- We believe public education is the foundation critical to a democracy.
- We believe Washington County Public Schools is a world-class system providing equal access to educational opportunities.
- We believe all children will learn when taught well and held to the highest expectations.
- We believe setting high expectations for children helps them to achieve continuous improvement and to meet their full potential.
- We believe ongoing assessment is necessary to improve student achievement.
- We believe high expectations for staff and students will result in continuous improvement.
- We believe self-discipline is critical to learning.
- We believe a safe, clean, secure, and supportive environment is essential to learning.
- We believe education is a shared responsibility.
- We believe a successful school system requires an involved and supportive community.
- We believe parents must ensure that children arrive at school ready to learn.
- We believe schools should recognize and provide for diversity by providing parents and students with choices, whenever possible.
- We believe adults should model and promote life-long learning.
- We believe social, emotional, and physical health are fundamental to learning.