About Our School
68 North Main Street
Smithsburg, MD 21783
Mapquest directions to the school
DR. STEPHEN TARASON
School day: 8:45 - 3:30
- Grades: 6 - 8
- Date of Construction: 1977
- Age of Building: 37 years
- State Rated Capacity: 829 (5/1/09)
- Enrollment: 642 (11/6/14)
- Size of Building: 108,975 sq. feet
- May 1 - PTSA-sponsored Activity Night - 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- May 2 - Jazz Band at Doub's Woods - 1 p.m.
- May 4 - Grades 5 & 6 Transition Night - 6:30 p.m.
- May 8 - Band/Orchestra at Hershey Park competition
- May 8 - WEB leaders applications due
- May 12 - Chorus concerts - 6 - 8 p.m.
- May 13 - Faculty Honors Awards Ceremony - 7 p.m.
- May 16 - WEB yard sale - 7 - 11 a.m.
- May 16 - Smithsburg Pride Days parade - 11 a.m.
- May 18 - Grade 6 spring band concert - 6:30 p.m.
- May 19 - Grade 7 (6:30 p.m.) and Grade 8 (8 p.m.) spring band concerts
- May 20 - PTSA meeting - 6 p.m.
- May 25 - Memorial Day - School closed
- May 26 - Orchestra concert at Smithsburg High - 7 p.m.
- May 28 - Grade 8 field trip to Antietam Recreation
- May 29 - WEB training day - 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- May 29 - Grade 8 dance - 7 - 9 p.m.
- June 1 - Grade 6 field trip to Antietam Recreation
- June 2 - Grade 7 field trip to Hershey Park
- June 4 - S.T.A.R.S. ceremony - 2:30 p.m.
- June 5 - S.T.A.R.S. luncheon
- June 9 - Tech Ed Rocket Day
- June 10 - Grade 8 picnic
- June 11 - Grade 8 promotion/awards ceremony - 9 a.m.; Last day of school for students - 21/2 hour early dismissal
G. PEARLE HOWELL
ROBERT JESSE SMITH