About Our School
School day: 8:20 a.m. - 2:50 p.m.
18023 Maugans Avenue
Maugansville, MD 21767
Mapquest directions to the school (Please note: Once on Maugans Avenue, the school is located next to the Ruritan Club)
DR. DONNA NEWCOMER
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope that you will continue to access this website for updates and new information reguarding the school's activities.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact us.
Dr. Donna Newcomer, Principal
Click here to view the June 2014 Parent Newsletter.
Click here to view the Martin's A+ Rewards form.
Important Information about School Meals
Free and Reduce-Priced Meal Applications
Federal law requires a new application each school year to update your personal information and to match your situation with the federal income guidelines. Please consider filling out this application even if you think that your family does not qualify. The information on your application is kept strictly confidential. The price of your child’s meal is determined by this application. WCPS has also launched a new online application. This application will allow you to complete the process securely from your home and transmit it directly to the Food and Nutrition Services office without the possibility of your child losing the application or other students recognizing that your family is requesting meal assistance. And it also works from your smart phone! To utilize this application go to www.schoollunchapp.com.
- Grades: K - 5
- State Rated Capacity: 735 (5/1/09)
- Enrollment: 645 (9/30/13)
- Date of Construction: 2008
- Age of Building: 6 years
- Size of Building: 91,586 sq. feet
- August 18 - Back to School Open House: 6 - 7:45 p.m.
- August 20 - First day of school for students
Kindergarten Registration - Required Documents
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- PROOF OF RESIDENCY - CAN ONLY BE - Electric bill, gas bill, oil bill, water/sewer bill, real estate tax bill, rental lease or mortgage statement (one only). The proof of residency must to be dated within the last 90 days.
- IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
- President - Sheri Remsberg
- Vice President - Jennifer Rowden
- Secretary - Marvin Wade
- Treasurer - Laura Robinson
To email the Maugansville Elementary PTO, click HERE.
“High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.” J. Kinder
Learners Serving Learners
Never Finished; Always Working to Get Better
Staff - 2013 - 2014
TAMMY SHILLING (Cafeteria Manager)