Boonsboro Elementary Magnet School for Global Awareness and World Languages
About Our School
Magnet students will engage in global literacy activities through language and cultural exploration. They will also take Spanish during each year of the program and have access to Rosetta Stone® for additional language exploration and mastery. Students with special aptitudes for and interests in reading, writing, and learning about other cultures will enjoy this program. Coursework moves at an accelerated pace that is one to two years above grade level in terms of breadth and/or depth. Students are expected to complete summer assignments, which “frontload” content and allow magnet teachers to increase the depth of unit exploration throughout the school year. Past school activities have included field trips, Global T-Shirt Day, guest speakers, multi-media projects using digital cameras and laptop labs, school-wide contests, and writing challenges.
Learn more about Boonsboro Elementary School at our new website: www.boonsboroelementarypta.org.
5 Campus Avenue
Boonsboro, MD 21713
Mapquest directions to the school
School Hours: We are operating on a 6½ hour instructional day for students. Please help us by following our school hours and contacting the office if planning a visit to a classroom or would like to schedule a conference outside of our office hours.
7:00 AM = Front office opens
7:30 AM = Building open to students
7:50 AM = Warning bell
7:55 AM = Tardy bell
2:25 PM = Bus Dismissal
2:30 PM = Dismissal for Private Transportation, Kid’s Club, and Walkers
3:30 PM = Front office closes
- Grades: K-5
- State Rated Capacity: 514 (5/1/09)
- Enrollment: 598 (11/3/11)
- Date of Construction: 1950
- Latest Renovation: 1991
- Age of Building: 63 years
- Size of Building: 62,716 sq. feet
- May 6 - Family STEM Night: 6 - 7 p.m.
- May 9 - Grade 5 panoramic picture - 9:45 a.m.
- May 15 - PTA meeting/elections - 6 p.m.
- May 17 - Field Day
- May 27 - Memorial Day - School closed
- June 5 - Last day of school for students
We Prepare...We Engage...We Inspire...We Achieve
TOP 10 TEST TAKING TIPS
1. Analyze how you did on similar tests/questions in the past.
2. Arrive early for tests.
3. Be comfortable but alert.
4. Stay relaxed and confident.
5. Read the questions carefully.
6. Read each answer, even if you think you found the correct one early.
7. Answer questions in a strategic order:
a. Answer the “easy” ones first
b. On difficult questions eliminate answers you KNOW to be wrong
8. CHECK YOUR WORK!!! Resist the urge to stop as soon as you finish
9. Make changes to your answers if you made a mistake or misread the question
10. Try your best…and let it go! If you tried your best, be proud of that fact!