William Brish Planetarium Schedule for 2012-2013
HAGERSTOWN, MD (August 28, 2012) – The schedule of public programs at the William Brish Planetarium has been announced for 2012-2013. The programs are regularly scheduled on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m., with a few exceptions. The admission fee is $3 for adults, $2 for students and children and free for senior citizens who have a Gold Card from Washington County Public Schools. Families will pay a maximum of $10.
Here is the schedule of programs for the 2012-2013 school year:
- September 18 and October 2 – Galaxies – What are galaxies? How do they form? What are they made from? Find out with, “Galaxies!”
- October 16, November 8 (Thursday) and November 20 – More Than Meets the Eye – Come view the night sky as seen through our eyes, binoculars and telescopes.
- December 4, 11 and 18 – ‘Tis the Season – Examine many of the seasonal customs based on light, as well as various winter holiday traditions, including Yule, greenery, Santa and the Christmas Star.
- January 2 (Wednesday), 15 and February 5 – Dark Matters – What do we know about Dark Matter, where it is, what it might be and the physics behind the universe? Find out with, “Dark Matters!”
- February 19, March 5 and 19 – Lunar Odyssey – Come learn more about Earth’s closest neighbor, the moon! Myths, origin theories and characteristics of the moon are discussed.
- April 3 (Wednesday), 16 and May 7 – Hotter Than Blue – Written by and featuring NASA scientists, Hotter Than Blue traces the field of high energy astronomy from the early days of satellites designed to detect nuclear testing on Earth through the launch of the latest in gamma ray burst detectors. Narrated by Nichelle Nichols.
Please call the Planetarium in advance if there are plans to attend a program with a group of ten or more. No late admissions will be allowed due to safety reasons. If schools are closed or dismissed early, the Planetarium will be closed.