30th Anniversary & Earth Day Celebration at Claud Kitchens Outdoor School & Clear Spring Middle
HAGERSTOWN, MD (April 16, 2009) -A 30th Anniversary and Earth Day Celebration is planned for Claud Kitchens Outdoor School at Fairview and Clear Spring Middle School on Saturday, April 25, 2009, with activities also planned at Clear Spring High and Clear Spring Elementary schools.
Each school has a full schedule of fun and informational family activities, as outlined below:
Claud Kitchens Outdoor School at Fairview:
- 10:00 a.m. – Commemorative Tree Planting with Dr. Elizabeth Morgan, superintendent of schools.
- 10:30 a.m. - Bird walk with the Washington County Bird Club (leaving from the Round House)
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Fishing at Willow Pond; various crafts and blue bird house building at the Oaks; hike the trails and climb the Fire Tower; Department of Natural Resources (DNR) display at Willow Pond pavilion; rain barrel sale at Astronomy Circle; kite flying at the Dino building; interactive watershed model at the Picnic Pavilion; hot dogs and hamburgers at the Bus Pavilion.
Clear Spring Middle School:
- 8:00 – 10:00 a.m. – Continental breakfast
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. – Student-led classroom tours
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. – Choral concert in the cafeteria
- 9:00 – 9:15 a.m. – Welcome address from Principal Deron Crawford
- 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. – Jazz Band concert
- Special presentations in the media center.
Clear Spring Elementary School:
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Trash to treasure recycled art projects for children of all ages; bike energy demonstration; face painting, free tree seedling (for first 100 people; limit one per family); student work display; snacks for sale; “Go Green” displays by Home Depot, Allied Waste, Locust Hill & Johnson Control.
Clear Spring High School:
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Greenhouse plant sale by agriculture students; plant a seed activity; “Going Green” bake sale; “Green Car” display; canine show; face painting and sack races; student work displays.