HAGERSTOWN, MD (October 3, 2008) - A preview of the 2009-2010 Washington County Public Schools’ (WCPS) magnet programs will be presented at an information session on Wednesday, October 15, 2008, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., at E. Russell Hicks Middle School. WCPS magnet programs are established at four elementary and three middle schools, focusing on specialized, enhanced instruction in disciplines such as technology, language, arts, math and science. The information session will provide parents general information about the application and approval process for those students who will earn seats in the magnet programs next school year.
Additionally, a series of magnet program open houses will be held at the individual schools offering magnet programming. Each open house is scheduled from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.:
- Thursday, October 23rd – Fountaindale Elementary School for Arts & Academic Excellence
- Wednesday, November 5th – Springfield Middle School Magnet Program for Math, Science, and Technology
- Thursday, November 6th – Boonsboro Elementary Magnet School for World Languages and Global Communication
- Tuesday, November 11th – E. Russell Hicks Middle School Magnet Program for Media Technology, Humanities, and Communications
- Wednesday, November 12th – Emma K. Doub Elementary Magnet Program for Arts and Academic Excellence
- Thursday, November 13th – Williamsport Elementary Magnet School for Math, Science, and Technology
- Wednesday, November 19th – Boonsboro Middle School Magnet Program for World Languages and Global Communication
Application forms for the 2009-2010 magnet programs and related information will be available at all WCPS elementary and middle schools and on the WCPS website (www.wcboe.k12.md.us) as of October 20, 2008. The initial application deadline is December 15, 2008. Contact Jessica Reinhard, supervisor of advanced programs, at 301-766-2992 for more information.
Washington County Public Schools provides all students access to world-class educational opportunities.