HAGERSTOWN, MD (September 2 , 2008) - The Family Support Resource Center has released its schedule of fall workshops and classes, including sign language, parenting children with special needs, and an evening devoted to helping parents understand the special education process.
The schedule is as follows:
- Sign Language classes – Each Thursday from September 25th through November 13th: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Marshall Street School.
- Advocating in Harmony (becoming an effective partner in your child’s education) – Thursday, October 2nd: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Marshall Street School.
- Signing with Young Children (birth to 5 years of age) – Tuesday, October 7th: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. – Potomac Center conference room, 1360 Marshall Street.
- What Is Individualized Education? (an overview of the special education process) – Thursday, October 9th: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Marshall Street School.
- Friendship Building Strategies – Thursday, November 6th: 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Marshall Street School
- Parenting Children with Special Needs – Thursday, November 13th: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. – Marshall Street School.
The sign language classes cost $20.00 for the eight sessions, but the remaining classes and workshops are free. Free childcare is available, but pre-registration is required. For more information and pre-registration, call 301-766-8221.
Individuals requiring special accommodations should contact Jeff Gladhill at 301-766-2969, or 301-791-8713 (TDD), no later than five working days prior to the class or workshop. If schools are closed for the day or dismissed early, all evening meetings will be cancelled.