HAGERSTOWN, MD (June 21, 2007) – The Washington County Public Schools has received six awards in the National School Public Relations Association’s (NSPRA) 2007 Publications and Electronic Media Contest. Categories included audio/visual, websites, and publications, with more than a thousand entries received.
WCPS received the following:
- Golden Achievement Award - Planning and Implementation of the WCPS ONE ON ONE Podcasts.
- Award of Merit - WCPS ONE ON ONE Sample Podcast Show featuring an interview with teacher Michelle Rafter, Springfield Middle School choral teacher (Media Category).
- Award of Merit - PUBLICATIONS, STANDARDS, AND STYLE GUIDE (Special Purpose Publication Category).
- Award of Merit - MASTER PLAN HIGHLIGHTS (Special Purpose Publication Category).
- Award of Merit - BUILDING ROADS TO THE FUTURE (Annual Report Category).
- Award of Honorable Mention - 2007 LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY TOOLKIT (Special Purpose Publication Category).
The WCPS Public Information Office annually coordinates and produces publications and programs about the schools, school system, and Board of Education in order to inform stakeholders. In addition, the public information office serves as an information source for the community and regularly provides updates to area media regarding the activities of the schools, school system, and the Board of Education.