Facilities & Enrollment Advisory Committee
The next FEAC meeting is on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the WCPS administrative offices at 820 Commonwealth Avenue, Hagerstown.
How to contact FEAC:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 301-766-2861
- Mail: Facilities and Enrollment Advisory Committee, P.O. Box 730, Hagerstown, MD 21741
The latest result of Facilities and Enrollment Advisory Committee work is Board of Education approval of changes to the attendance boundary for Pangborn Elementary School. The Board voted at its May 7, 2013, meeting and details are available in the Press Releases area of the website. The FEAC reconmendation and other documents pertinent to FEAC's most recent charge:
"West City" Elementary School
Statement of Purpose
To involve the public in the resolution of facilities and enrollment issues, the Washington County Board of Education has created a standing Board advisory committee, known as the Facilities and Enrollment Committee. This committee shall be comprised of representative parents, businesspersons and community leaders who are interested in studying facilities and enrollment issues.
The Committee Objectives
- Review enrollment data and facilities usage information to make recommendations on the most efficient and educationally effective use of school facilities.
- Review enrollment projections, county population data, and facilities capacity information to determine areas of potential overcrowding in the county school system.
- Develop a proposal to implement the required changes to the attendance areas in accordance with the guidelines established in Board of Education regulation JCA-R (2 page PDF - 30 KB)
- Pursuant to Board Policy JCA - Establishment of School Attendance Areas (1 page PDF - 23.34 KB), the Board may issue a charge to the Committee from time to time, to provide advice to the Board in accordance with the charge issued to the Committee.
FEAC received a new charge from the Board of Education on January 22, 2009. Click this 4 page PDF to learn more details.
The members of the Facilities and Enrollment Committee shall be appointed by the Board. Membership on the Facilities and Enrollment Committee shall be limited to no more than 20 members of the community including two citizen resident adults from each of the attendance districts. Appointments shall consider geographical residency and community involvement.
Terms of Office
Individuals may be appointed to a term of office of up to two (2) years.
The terms of office may be staggered to allow for the rotation of up to 1/2 of the membership of the Committee every two (2) years.
No individual shall be appointed to serve for more than two (2) consecutive terms on the Committee unless specifically exempted by the Board. Reappointment to a second term is not automatic.
Minutes of each committee meeting shall be kept and forwarded promptly by the staff liaison to the Board and the Superintendent.
The committee will report to the Board as requested.
The reports to the Board shall focus on the following criteria of review if appropriate:
- findings on areas of potential overcrowding
- recommendations on school facilities usage
- recommendations on any attendance area adjustments
Committee Charge adopted: September 7, 1999. Amended: February 4, 2003. Revised: November 21, 2006
Board of Education of Washington County